Went in for a sharpening at hockey lion in Richmond Hill, after having both my sons and my skates be returned sharpened in under 10 minutes I was scepticle about the job they had done.After my son and I hit the ice for a practice it felt as if I had no edge.

We went back the following day not for a refund but just for the job to be done right and after arguing that we were the problem and not know how to skate (AAA south central) they had done it again and same thing.Im sorry but I wouldn't want anyone else's son to have to deal with a poorly sharpened blade and under perform during a game.

Had an Experience with Hockey Lion?

Comments

I am one of hockey lions returning customers, my dad told me about this site, I first started going into hockey lion last year, in my bantam year. I am a AAA coyote's Forward, I am in my minor Midget year (AS WE KNOW IS MY DRAFT YEAR), my skating has improved since last year, have had the skates contoured by the russian guy, best sharp and contour in the GTA.

I skate with a personal trainer, that is very well known in Richmond Hill and North york. I have had my skates sharpened from 6 different places, 2 of them which were in the Richmond hill rinks. and Hockey Lion does that best job I have had, they know me by name and are super nice when i come in.

to MMCoyote91 Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada #600375

We love that Hockey Lion opened up shop in RH.

We love sending our buisness to local shops that offer personal attention. Each and every time we are in the shop it's a positive experience.

The first time I went in the store it was for skate sharpening. The 'Russian Guy' gave me a pretty hard time about where I may have been getting my skates sharpened. It was a little harsh, but I figured that he maybe knows what he's talking about and takes pride in his craft.

Well I was right. Always a perfect job, and really fast.

All the guys are personable and know what they are doing.

Keep up the great work fellas!

Dan

Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada #593247

Hockey Lion has the best sharpening of any store I have gone too.I've tried everywhere and no one is as consistent as them.

Very surprised you had an issue.The guys there are great.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada #593224

We sharpen hundreds of skates a month, we have over 300 people who have our sharpening cards and return consistently for skate sharpening. We have AHL players and ex pro's on our contouring system and sharpening.

If the skate's blades are in good condition, you can sharpen a set of skates in 3 minutes, people who take longer than 5 minutes are usually excessively grinding steel unnecessarily.

People can make mistakes, and if you feel you received a bad sharpening please come back in and speak with James or Josh. :)

Neither of us have a recollection of this happening, or hearing about this. We take complaints very seriously. Jackfrost, please feel free to come in again for a free sharpening on us and we can address the situation.

James.